In this episode, I talk to Alexander Volkanovski. Alex is the current UFC featherweight champion. We discuss what it was like as an amateur athlete rising through the ranks of Australia to become the UFC champion and how he was able to get valuable training with partners of all different abilities. Also, the mentality he adopted to help drive and motivate him to the top by building resilience and staying adaptable. And what it is like spending training time at City Kickboxing as he gives insight into some training drills and a few fights stories along the way, like the time in Guam where he had to solve the problem of a fighter who was greased up before the bout while in the middle of a fight.
- An Inquiry-Based Instructional Strategy of Teaching Without Telling With Tum “Energia” Voorn
- Initiating No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu for the Next Generation of Grapplers With Chris Brennan
- Importance of Offense vs. Dependable Defense With Priit Mihkelson & School Of Grappling
- Playlists for BJJ, MMA, Wrestling, Striking & Grappling Training
- Leg Locking in the MMA Meta & Elegant Leg Entanglements for Vale Tudo With Robert Degle