Holding the position
- Hip pressure and driving with the feet.
- Create a constant drive to the wall as if you are lifting them up.
- Ideally you get shoulders square on the wall.
- One underhook is great, two is better.
- Nearside underhook is the goal.
Attacking the Legs
- Looking to square opponents hips up.
- Step behind and lift.
- Either Head inside or outside.
- Looking for hips square and knees together.
- Head inside double, cup knee & rotate in to join hands.
- Pop opponent up.
- Then drop and circle on opponent.
- When opponent gives a really wide base.
- Reach for far ankle to bait opponent to grab wrist and shift weight.
- Hit duck under on one knee and drive back in for single or double.
Bump and Dump:
- Setup off the knee pick if you don’t want to come all the way back up.
- Collar tie after to move off the fence.
Takedown to Open Mat:
- If opponent is using whizzer to stand you might want to take to open mat.
- Run the Pipe
Single Leg lift:
- If opponent shelf leg and make run the pipe unavailable.
Single Leg Lift to Inside Trip:
- If the initial Lift & Trip doesn’t work.
Attacking the Body
Body Lock Trip – DC 1:
- Attacking the legs first, but if get pulled or transition to a body lock
- Want shoulders of opponent square to wall
- Step behind opponents near leg and pull down while reaping the leg at the same time.
Body Lock Trip – DC 2:
- After DC1 If opponent steps back behind.
- Drive hips into inside space and rotate, while lifting knee to rotate opponent on one foot.
Hip Bump Trip:
- Off DC2 if opponent circles out and posts legs.
- Pop hips into opponent and foot sweep or hook posted leg.
Body Lock Lift:
- Option off DC 1 or Two when hip is on the inside.
- Pull opponent off wall to reclasp grip right behind opponents back.
- Knee steps into inside space to lift and turn opponent.
Body Lock Lift with Whizzer:
– Combined with DC 1. Dilemma between Takedown and Back.
- If cant reap leg for DC 1
- Crash hip behind opponent and slide knee behind opponents.
- If opponent gives up whizzer take the back.
- If whizzer stays in walk feet into their hips to lift.