I talk to Matt Kwan who is a BJJ Black Belt under Rob Biernacki and also Co-Hosts the podcast BJJ Mental Models with his brother Steve Kwan. We discuss concepts of belt tests and grading with the differences between adults and children and then explore essential concepts used by Gordon Ryan and the DDS. These include tempo in jiu-jitsu described through the terms of offensive and defensive cycles and blading to redirect frames while attacking and how these can help you learn BJJ faster and more efficiently.
- Weighty Issues of Weight Loss and Weight Cutting for Combat Sports with Dr Reide Reale
- BJJ Mental Models of Blading, Tempo & Establishing Offensive Cycles With Matt Kwan
- Unconventional Growth in Grappling & A Universal Theory of Guard With Chris Paines
- Reformation of Rituals Based on Research, Sparring & Self Determination Theory With Priit Mihkelson
- Fusing Sambo Into the Grappling Universe & Unity Over Division With Vlad Koulikov