I talk to Vlad Koulikov who is a Master of Sport in Sambo aswell as a BJJ & Judo Black Belt who grew up in Russia and before moving to America where he started an academy with a blend of grappling called Sambo Fusion. We discuss the history, elements, rankings & rules of Sambo as well as the differences with Combat Sambo. Also, the challenges he faced when fusing BJJ & Sambo and how he believes in unity over the division between the arts can benefit both. We finish by discussing his time training at Sambo 70, a school in Russia that combines both academic & Sambo training.
- Weighty Issues of Weight Loss and Weight Cutting for Combat Sports with Dr Reide Reale
- BJJ Mental Models of Blading, Tempo & Establishing Offensive Cycles With Matt Kwan
- Unconventional Growth in Grappling & A Universal Theory of Guard With Chris Paines
- Reformation of Rituals Based on Research, Sparring & Self Determination Theory With Priit Mihkelson
- Fusing Sambo Into the Grappling Universe & Unity Over Division With Vlad Koulikov