I talk to Dr Ian Dunican, a sleep researcher who has worked with elite combat sports athletes at the Australian Institute of Sport on strategies to help optimise sleep, recovery and performance and who is himself a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner and Ultra-Marathon Runner. We discuss sleep cycles, optimising training load and dealing with night time jitters after a workout and sleep tracking gadgets like the oura ring and whoop device. Finally, why martial artists try and cheat the sleep system and how instead they can sleep in and win.
- The Purpose of Pragmatism, Persuasion, Jiu Jitsu & John Danaher with Robert Degle
- The Good, Bad & Beautiful Truth in the Origins of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu With Robert Drysdale
- Efficiency in Learning Techniques, Making Decisions and Mental Models for BJJ With Steve Kwan
- The Art of Aliveness, Fundamentals & Functional Delivery Systems With Matt Thornton
- Playful Pedagogy, Cognition, Concepts & Gamification of Micro Battles for BJJ With Rob Biernacki