Your Grips or No Grips
Covering The Art of Hand fighting, Grips & Hooks from the feet, to set up takedowns, and on the mat, to establish control. Covering the start of any grappling engagement to how the battle for grips will also determine the finish.
for Submission Grappling
Folkstyle takedowns and modifications focused on finishing in a strong pinning position while avoiding the most common submission-based counter attacks.
Half Guard = Single Leg
Explains the direct link between single-leg takedowns and the half guard position. It will give you multiple ways to practice your half guard to become proficient in single-leg takedowns and vice versa.
Private Martial Arts Lessons
- A private lesson enables you to get individualised and tailored instruction in your chosen discipline.
- Private lessons can be booked for one on one coaching but also for small groups.
- Available for Brazilian jiu-jitsu, wrestling, kickboxing, no gi grappling and fitness training.
- You can decide on a focus area or after an initial assesment a plan can be tailored to your needs.
Sonny is dedicated to the craft of mixed martial arts but even more so to his students. Since day one of training he has been there to guide and teach me both in the gym, cage side and in regular day to day life. Couldn’t ask for a better coach.
Sonny has an incredible wealth of fighting knowledge and experience. He has a deep understanding of the most technical parts of the sport. In every training session Sonny brought a great attitude and taught me much about MMA- I wouldn’t hesitate to say he is the best wrestling coach I’ve had the pleasure of working with. I couldn’t give higher praise.
Sonny is a fantastic coach who not only breaks down techniques and concepts in a clear and concise manner but also puts a lot of thought into learning strategies for his students. A true martial artist.
Sonny was a great teacher in my earlier days of martial arts.
He didn’t just open my mind to the physical side of techniques but also the mentality require.
Him coming from a competitive background gave him credibility that is impossible not to respect.
Couldn’t recommend him more.
Sonny’s extensive knowledge and his capacity to genuinely listen to questions translates into his ability to provide valuable insight into any facet of martial arts. Sessions are always creative and enjoyable whilst maintaining a focus on putting in hard work. Highlight of my training!
- Bachelor of Education (Health & Physical Education).
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt. 1st Degree.
- 18 gold, 10 silver and 7 bronze medals across state and national grappling competitions.
- Professional Mixed Martial Arts Competitor.
- 3 time Australian Mixed Martial Arts Champion.
- 10+ years of MMA experience (striking, wrestling, grappling & shoot fighting).
- Level 1 Folkstyle Wrestling Coach with The Wrestling Foundation.
- First Aid Certificate
Start Your Morning With A Martial Arts Routine!
Sign up for my newsletter and you will get a link to my guide, "The Morning Routine for Martial Artists" which details the top five habits to start a martial artist's day.